I used a black cotton/lycra for the yoga pants, and a light pink/peach cotton knit for the top. Both pieces were quick and easy to make.
The top is quite long when un-tucked. I don't mind this really as it is better than being too short in my opinion. I cut out a size 40 for both the top and bottoms, but probably should have gone with a 38 for the top. I removed a couple inches from the side seams at the bust because there was terrible gaping under the arms. However, I do like all the room through the waist and hips. As a pear shaped lady I think I just need to start cutting a smaller size in the bust and tapering out to the waist and hip, but somehow I always forget to do this.
An overexposed close-up of the pants for detail. I realize it is super hard to see because the fabric is black, but I think they turned out like they were supposed to.
My neck tie band is not as long as the pattern recommends. I had a hard time cutting out a 90" long bias strip from knit fabric, so mine is only 60" long. I didn't want to sew multiple pieces together and have unattractive seams visible. I think it turned out okay anyway.
I really love my new work uniform, and will probably sew more as the need arises. However, I am hoping to try something a little more interesting for my next few projects.